This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As finals are approaching and we have entered the summertime blues, it has begun to be extremely stressful for us students. We are waiting to be basking in the sun, enjoying the BBQs, working hard, and preparing for the semester to come. A few tips and tricks to really enjoy the rest of what’s left of the semester include:

1. Taking a self care day- dedicate this day or even a few hours of just you time. Allowing your mind, body and spirit to relax and take a few deep breaths.

2. Don’t cram any late assignments or papers into the same week as finals. Don’t stress yourself out anymore than you already are.

3. Be sure to eat, stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Staying up all night doesn’t increase the amount of information your brain can retain. Missing meals won’t help either because being hungry and stressed are two of the worst things ever.

4. Go have some fun, spend time with college friends before everyone departs. Go to a movie, go to that party or even a night in with the gals.

All of those tips are based solely on my own personal experience as I have completed not only my second semester but my freshman year as well. If you’re a freshman and this year has been a struggle please know that it does get better and to go stronger and harder for next year.  And on that note, have a happy and safe summer, everyone!