How to Get Through a Break-Up: 15 Step Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Step 1: Tell your parents and friends RIGHT AWAY. You need people to talk crap with and your parents need to stop mentioning his name like yesterday.

Step 2: You’re allowed to cry for three days, NO MORE THAN THAT. Otherwise, your eyes will be permanently puffy and guess what? He’s not crying over you so stop it.

Step 3: From then on, you’re only allowed to cry once a month if he does something that frustrates you i.e. gets a new girlfriend.

Step 4: Give yourself about a month and delete him on all social media. Get a friend to stalk him for you. If he cheated on you, delete that bastard right away.

Step 5: DO NOT PUT YOUR BUSINESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Unless you dgaf, then by all means if they say something bad first or his new girl does, all bets are off.

Step 6: If you must communicate, keep communication to a minimum. Do not play yourself and flirt with him.

Step 7: Remember, his friends are not your friends. They will be hanging out with him and his new girl.

Step 8: Commence your single glow up. This means dye your hair, learn to do your makeup better, manicure and pedicure every week, get new clothes, work out, drink water, and eat right. Show him what he’s missing.

Step 9: GO OUT WITH YOUR GIRL FRIENDS. Dance, have a good time. You owe it to yourself.

Step 10: POST A LOT OF PICTURES AND VIDEOS.

Step 11: Get close to your friends. They’re always going to be there for you, whether your crying and mopey or single and happy.

Step 12: Keep the pettiness and craziness to a minimum. Be prideful.

Step 13: Get a sad break up song list and an I’M SINGLE HALLELUJAH playlist.

Step 14: Don’t go thinking that all guys are jerks. Don’t rush into a new relationship. Enjoy yourself, flirt with someone new and just do you.

Step 15: Become a better you and remember what you deserve.

21. Eyes of emerald green. Reverse Psychology. FMOI&Tumblr&SnapChat: nicoletteth00. ♡ IUP17 JRNL&PR w/English. #LupusWarrior#TheAgencyIUP #MadLove