He Say, She Say, Imma Do It My Way

   You’re ugly, you can’t dress well, you’re too fat, you’re too skinny, you’re too poor. You won’t succeed. It won’t work. Sound familiar?  I’m pretty sure you’ve all heard one of these statements thrown at you at least once, if not every day. Are any of them true? No. Stop listening to what others say. They aren’t helping you.

   People don’t know you as well as they think they do. They only know the version of you that you decide to share with them. How they perceive that facade is up to them. You can show 80% of yourself to a person and hide the other 20% unconsciously. It happens all the time. Whatever feedback you get, regardless of if it’s good or bad, is interpreted by you and is meant to make you stronger.

   People only tell you what they want you to do. People are easily influenced by their own desires and tend to find it easy to tell someone else what they believe is best for them. Respond back by saying, “Why don’t you do it?” or, “Why don’t you try?” Think about it...people tell you what to do...feel honored that they’re looking up to you as this superior person that CAN in fact do it! 😉

   Jealousy is REAL. People will purposely try to bring you down because they know you’re better at doing you. When they see that you’re thriving they will try to slander your name and make people think different about you before getting to know you.

   So, what does all this tell you? Do you realize that after everything’s said and done your actions are all that matter? Move forward and onto better things. You’ll never know what you’re capable of until you prove them wrong and go against their words. KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS.

 

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds” – Albert Einstein