This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Low on cash? Already feeling bored about your Christmas break?

If you would like to do something fun and stay warm at the same time this break, there are many fabulous movies soon to be released.  Whether you enjoy action, romance, comedy, or drama, there is at least one new fab film for you.   Grab a few pals and head to your local theater for these soon to be released top rated flicks.

A good stress reliever is always a good laugh, so, while you are home for break check out a new comedy.  Many movie lovers would recommend Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgendy.  This comedy was a huge hit in the box office in 2004, earning $28,416,365 the opening weekend, and on December 18th, the hilarious, Will Ferell, will be returning to the big screen in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.  Director Adam Mckay is said to have done a wonderful job with this film, making preview audiences laugh worldwide.  So, grab your popcorn and settle in for a hilarious evening.

Would you like to reconnect with your childhood?  If so, Disney will release Saving Mr. Banks on December 20th.  This film is based on the untold true story of Walt Disney, making a simple promise to his beloved daughters.  Although, he did not not realize that it would take nearly twenty years to fulfill.  This magical story is about bringing the lovely Mary Poppins to “life” on the screen.  The book, Mary Poppins, written by well-known author,  P.L. Travers is the main character of this fab film.  She is fighting for her children’s book to stay just that, but through the magic of Walt Disney, he may just change her mind.  Starring the fabulous Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, this film will be a must see this upcoming break.

If neither one of these films has caught your eye, be sure to check out the latest crime and drama film, American Hustle, which will also be released on the 20th.  From the director of Silver Lining’s Playbook and The Fighter, David O. Russell and starring gorgeous Bradley Cooper, how could you resist?  Also, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams play cunning and seductive women in the well-known story of a famous con man, Irving Rosenfeld.   If you enjoy the classic American favorites, such as, American Gangster or The Godfather; you will definitely want to check this suspenseful film out and remember, “Everyone hustles to survive.”

Hello everyone! My name is Kristi Quinn and I am an English Education major with a Journalism minor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I love fashion, nutrition and fitness, and staying busy.