Community Assistants Wanted!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Fall semester is slowly coming to an end here at IUP and along with that comes the flyers all over campus advertising Community Assistant Interest Sessions. These are for anyone who have any interest in becoming a Community Assistant (CA) the following school year. They began November 10th and are twice a week every week until December 3rd.  If you are interested in becoming a CA, you must attend one of these sessions, though actual seminars do not begin until January. 

Being a CA comes with a lot of responsibility, however it can be very rewarding. As a CA, you are expected to support and be there for the students in your hallway and be a role model for them. You are a peer educator for students and are there to help assist them whether it be with school matters or personal matters. It comes with quite a bit of time commitment but it is compensated big time (you even get a place to live)! Here is the full job description and list of duties expected from CAs, and here is more about all the technical info about the job.

If you opened this article because you are interested in becoming a CA, attend one of these interest sessions and see what they’re about! If you have any questions about interest sessions, seminars, or the selection process, feel free to email Adam Jones at adjones@iup.edu