5 Ways to Avoid Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Finals are the absolute the worst part of the semester. There, I said it. The stress is destroying your skin, your sleep pattern, your eating habits, and pretty everything about you. The time leading up to finals is spent studying and sometimes crying. If you’re looking for more ways to avoid studying for finals, here are five.

1. Clean your room/apartment.

After finals, you’ll be heading home and there is nothing better than coming back to a clean room or apartment. Studying can wait until you finish folding your laundry, vacuuming, doing the dishes, and scrubbing your shower.

2. Eat something.

Stress eating during finals is normal, so go ahead and load up on some more carbs. Your books will be right where you left htm after you have that pizza or some pancakes or honestly anything you want that will make you happy.

3. Pack for home.

Winter break is over a month long and packing fro such a long time is not something that should be taken lightly. Take a break from studying and make sure you have absolutely everything you need because I know you don’t want to drive back for your favorite holiday sweater.

4. Do some shopping.

The holidays are right around the corner and it is the season of giving. Forget about the books and make sure you cross off everyone you love on your list (don’t forget about yourself!)

5. Netflix.

If you’ve already gone through every way to avoid studying, just turn on Netflix. Netflix won’t judge you or leave you questioning your own intelligence. Netflix is always there for you and that is the kind of support you need.

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.