5 Makeup Artists to Follow on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Instagram is a great place to share your hobbies and talents (and selfies!) with people all over the world. With all of the accounts dedicated to fashion, fitness, and makeup, there’s inspiration for your look around every corner. Following makeup artists on Instagram doesn’t just give you inspiration for your next date night though; a lot of these people are sponsored by makeup companies and they frequently give you codes to get discounts on certain products! Here are a few of my favorite makeup artists on good ol’ Insty.

1. NaYeon

handle: naye0na

One of the first makeup accounts I started following, NaYeon always leaves me craving more. Her looks range from artsy and avant-garde to an everyday kind of face. Her unique style and statement jewelry brings her look together in ways that will have you rushing to your nearest palette to try it yourself!

2. Manny Gutierrez

handle: mannymua733

One of my absolute favorite makeup artist on Instagram is actually a guy! His makeup skills are superb and his looks are absolutely gorgeous! His account stands out because along with being extremely skilled at what he does, he’s also hilarious!

3.Mykie

handle: mykie_

Mykie has a really fun account because she does glam and gore makeup. Sometimes you get elegant looks you can recreate for a night out, but other times you get zombie makeup or frostbitten Elsa from Frozen. She is insanely talented in both areas!

4.Sebastien

handle: sebastienmua

Another male makeup artist makes my list with Sebastien. The Belgian 17 year old is a contouring pro and his eye makeup is always so stunning. He’s absolutely precious and I’m so excited to see him continue to get better at his craft!

5. Dana Bomar

handle: danabomar

Dana always has a lot of classic looks with fun twists and pops of bright colors. If you’re looking for ways to spice up classic makeup looks, she’s the artist for you!

Hey, lovelies! My name is Alyssa and I'm an English major at IUP's Cook Honors College! My interests include reading, writing (duh!), art of all kinds, and music. If it's your style, feel free to follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter! @at_the_h3lm