This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Whether you’re navigating your way to the field through campus from callouts or from Breakfast Club on Kirkwood, you’ll want to freshen up for Saturday’s game quickly and simply. Here are five easy, on-the-go hairstyles for game day.

Coin Toss Combo:
So maybe the Bloomington winds tossed your tresses a bit on your way to the game. No problem. Disguise your tangles with the cute, yet sporty combination of a cap and braids. First, part your hair down the middle and braid both sides all the way down. Next, use a hat as the “cherry on top” of your hairdo. Shops like Tracks on Kirkwood or the IU Bookstore in the IMU have cute caps that are IU and tailgate related, which are perfect for game day.

Halftime Hairdo:
Pulling the front half of your hair up is a classic tailgating hairstyle. Although the style is a trend often worn by cheerleaders, this look can go from the sidelines to student section in no time by simply losing the big bow. Curled, wavy or straight – this style can be created with any texture you might already be sporting during the day.

First Down Fishtail:
Every collegiette is familiar with the constant, sticky fight between loose hair and lip gloss or the wind blowing against the grain of your lovely locks. HCIU has the perfect style for you. The fishtail is a unique braid that will prevent any annoying loose ends and, not to mention, will turn heads at the tailgate field.

Boho Blitz:
With all of the bro tanks and sneakers populating the tailgate field, it’s always a fashionable breath of fresh air to incorporate Add some bohemian vibes to your game day gear by decorating just below your hairline with an elastic or woven headband. 

Punt for a Pony:
There’s nothing “lazy” or “sloppy” about wearing a ponytail to a game. If you feel like a ponytail is a little too laidback for you, add some decorative barrettes or tease your tresses for some volume.

We hope you all have an unforgettable football season. Be sure to stay tuned to HCIU’s home page for more Hoosier news and updates.

Be sure to head back to the homepage for all the latest content or connect with us via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!

Kelsey is a junior at Indiana University where she is majoring in journalism and concentrating in informatics. She began her Her Campus experience as a contributing writer in Fall 2012. Kelsey was incredibly excited to begin her new role on the HCIU team as co-campus correspondent last fall. When she's not studying or writing, Kelsey enjoys a sipping a strong cup o' joe, reviving thrift store wardrobes and drooling over Netflix eye candy.