This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUPUI chapter.

If you are looking at your school calendar and begin getting overwhelmed by the number of assignments you have due this coming week, maybe you should try changing your environment! Changing the environment you study in can help kick you into a higher gear and provide you with more motivation. When it comes to studying, everyone is different. No single environment will work best for everyone. Some people prefer silence while others prefer the noise. Some people prefer darkness while others can work within a bright setting. The environment I find myself most productive in, is coffee shops. 

Coffee shops have always been great spots for spending time with friends, but can also be great study spots for students. These places offer a little bit of background noise, yet not too many distractions. The best part is that you can grab your favorite drink and snack to help you power through your studying. Choosing to study in this type of location can be helpful as the environments are typically very inviting and welcoming. There is generous seating for people to work on homework, internships, work, meetings, etc. You will also notice that these shops have made their wifi accessible to you. While the best places to study will be different for everyone, here are my top five coffee shops to study at in Indianapolis. 

Parlor Public House

ygSqOxmwFmSF45CQBs lySRZWNFbQpyb2cyCMM7ehlIaQpt8nOXSyGnQxGKz fWqRysO6jGwpM49kmHJK1 I9jnq77H4xp4ACvyAm7POnyKGxDKdoLqPNjW92HCE4D2CD2TfwWsVOVnq6o t 1stAfQnJ2X4PaGjIFqfTi ZCtD3Qh ETcMLcECItOQSg

Parlor Public House has introduced a unique idea offering both a coffee shop and a cocktail bar. Nestled downtown, this stunning locally owned coffee shop is only a 5-10 minute drive from IUPUI’s campus. This amazing gem has created an environment for people to decompress and relax. There is plenty of space to work or find a quiet nook to focus. Not only can you get on your grind with your schoolwork, but they also have the most amazing menu. With Instagramable beverages and tasty snacks, you can spend all day in this uplifting environment and are sure to leave happier than when you came.

Location: 

600 E. Ohio St, Suite B

Indianapolis, IN. 46202

Hours:

Monday: Closed

Tuesday- Wednesday: 8 am-5 pm

Thursday- Saturday: 8 am-12 am

Sunday: 8 am-5 pm

(Ages 21+ after 5pm)

*No laptops after 7pm Thursday-Saturday (Bar and Cocktails)

Quills Coffee

KMfMI6DhIsjg0Dkc7UILamarJWhRdO3kI3YQ0C6 AW7ackKBEUtIrW35xU7CVqFE7c9JMEwicOqeEcABfqYrkg3AGWxEehPGdEl7oLjQXeezN4KepkHw8a1zLvpUVnWh JsNwn

Quills Coffee has recently opened its new location in downtown Indianapolis. Located only 5 minutes from IUPUI’s campus, this little coffee shop will meet all of your study needs. With a wide variety of delicious drinks and some snacks, this shop will give you everything you need and more. It offers an inviting and cozy spacious space, yet simple so that you can focus on your work. 

Location:

941 N. Meridian St.

Indianapolis, IN. 46204

Hours:

Monday- Friday: 6 am-6 pm

Saturday- Sunday: 7 am-7 pm

Coat Check coffee

E2Cr UXLlzpOwl3W4oeESH8Lvv1W7c0jHPHtPovXxloCIzj14weWOh4cmIU

Located in the historic athenaeum on Mass Ave just 10 minutes from IUPUI’s campus, Coat Check Coffee is a place you need to visit! Signature lattes, freshly roasted coffee and delicious pastries will meet all of your cravings while you are studying. If you are looking for a professional workspace, this will be the best spot for you! With darker lighting and a smaller social environment, you will surely be able to focus. Offering both indoor and outdoor seating, you can find a place to get comfortable and work on your tasks. 

Location:

401 E. Michigan St.

Indianapolis, IN. 46204

Hours:

Monday- Friday: 7 am-5 pm

Saturday- Sunday: 8 am-5 pm

Bovaconti Coffee

Located just 10 minutes from IUPUI’s campus in downtown fountain square, Bovaconti Coffee will be your next favorite place! This is a locally owned coffee shop featuring the best coffees available from exclusively Indiana roasters. Keeping the historic and italian culture a statement of this coffee shop, you will love this environment. The shop not only offers inside seating, but also features an outdoor patio. With stunning lighting, wifi, and outlet accessibility this may become your new favorite study spot. 

Location:

1042 Virginia Avenue

Indianapolis, IN. 46203

Hours:

Monday- Sunday: 7 am- 7 pm

Java House

eGNd8XgORHX lmBmUtKuyhlNHOrvDKyjx4 ginMDREjd MAJB2YYt7unvRIG z5 6tVMhbf6zGj7 nhCXNKHLXzfswjJAzclyzW5J

Located in downtown Indianapolis just 5 minutes from IUPUI’s campus, Java House will fuel your new coffee addiction. From making the very best cold brew, to offering a perfect study environment, you will never want to leave. You are sure to love the vibes of this coffee house as it is cozy yet industrial. There are several seating areas, including an upstairs loft. This area is typically quieter and will allow for the perfect area to focus if you need less distractions and noise. 

Location:

115 E. New York Street 

Indianapolis, IN. 46204

Hours:

Monday- Saturday: 7 am- 5:30 pm

Sunday: 8 am- 5:30 pm

Cassidy is the Vice President of the IUPUI chapter of Her Campus. She is a senior Communication Studies major with a Medical Humanities and Health Studies minor. Cassidy has a passion for trying new things, learning new skills, and meeting new people!