Confidence as a Freshman in College to Now

One of the best investments one can make in themselves is beginning to obtain confidence within them. High school does not matter to many people anymore, but it is what helped me become who I am today. I was always bullied in high school. It took me two years to obtain confidence in myself and kill the bullies with kindness. When I had this newfound confidence, I began to talk to new people and experience new things. I talked to the girl who dyed her hair every other week and found out we like the same movies. I talked to my school counselors and ended up being nominated for scholarships because I was more involved. When I got to college, the confidence followed me. Soon, I was at a University of Indianapolis networking event with all of my new professors finding out where they were from, what they taught, and what their favorite movies were. I did not understand those networking events so I talked about anything and everything. I have made so many new friends at college just because I went and knocked on girls’ doors in my hall. Confidence is so important in our daily lives because if you do not have it, you are not going to make it. I have gotten so many director roles in university clubs because I stood up and told everyone I was the best person for the job. I am now and they appreciate the fact that I stood up. I am the President of Her Campus at Indy. I love this role because it helps me practice the confidence in smaller atmospheres. I stand up for my friends here on campus when girls are mean. Thank the universe that it has only been twice. Standing up for my friends has always been important to me because I never really had anyone to stand up for me. I like to show my friends that it is okay to speak up for what you believe in and it is okay to stand up for yourself. I teach them that confidence is key and I know they do not have much of it. I am in the business world now. I go to events for Human Resources and seminars. I have to be confident when I go to these things because I have to show that I want to be hired and taken seriously. I often get pushed to the side for being too young to be looking for internships or jobs right now. As far as the employers know, I am looking for a job. Contrary to their belief, I am practicing and making mistakes now so that I do not later on in my search. Confidence is very important at this point in my life because I have to get my resume out there and be the best I can be. I have to set an example to ensure that I can keep being the skillful worker I portray myself to be on paper.