This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As I’m sure most of you have heard or seen by now, Bridgerton is back and better than ever. It only took me a whopping one day to finish the entirety of season two, and I’m here to give you my unfiltered and completely honest thoughts on everything the season brought to our screens.

I’m not going to lie to you. After season one, I was a little iffy about being able to watch an entire season about Anthony and without the Duke. I just thought Anthony’s plotline was very dry and boring. But, BOY was I wrong. Not only did Anthony have an insane glow-up from season one to season two, but his character developed immensely as well.

Season two centered around the Viscount finding a wife out of the duty he believed he had to his family after his father passed away. Anthony struggled with his feelings—wanting the love he obviously felt with Kate, but needing the stability and practicality of the relationship he had with Kate’s sister, Edwina.

We definitely get to see Anthony’s inner demons and struggles. He puts so much pressure on himself to live up to the expectations of being a Viscount and embracing his father’s legacy. He does not feel like he can fall in love and does not want to fall in love out of fear of losing it. Seeing his journey through his inner battles throughout the season was a beautiful and heartbreaking thing. As time goes on, you definitely see Anthony start to accept himself and the love he knows he deserves deep down.

I know what you’re thinking…What about the spice? Well, there’s definitely not as much of it this season. However, there is a lot of tension. Kate and Anthony have insane chemistry and cannot seem to stay away from each other for too long. A lot of heavy breathing. A lot of fingers grazing in the hallway. A lot of “Oh my god, will they? Won’t they?”. While I think there was a lot of back and forth that wasn’t really needed and a lot of minds changing, you could definitely see that Kate was struggling with similar thoughts, too.

I could go on and on for DAYS about all of the things that happened throughout season two of Bridgerton, but I honestly think you’d just be re-reading the book at that point. Just know this: it’s amazing. In my opinion, it’s better than season one, and absolutely worth the watch. And yes, you will absolutely fall in love with Johnathan Bailey.

HCXO,

Alyssa

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1