This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Do you remember Lorde? Incredibly young, unbelievably talented artist from New Zealand? She’s won two Grammys for her hit single “Royals,” which was so popular and beloved that the Boss, Bruce Springsteen himself, covers it at his concerts and Weird Al wrote a hysterical parody version to its tune. She’s appeared on both The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay soundtracks. Not to mention, she curated the The Hunger Games: Mockingjay soundtrack. She ruled the festival circuit in 2014. Her first and only album, Pure Heroine, is pure genius. Ringing any bells? Good.

The musical genius, is back. That’s right everyone. Lorde is slated to perform on SNL on March 11, and she is going to perform at Coachella in April. With appearances like this, it’s only a matter of time before she releases new music. Not that we have to hunt for clues though, because she hasn’t been silent on the matter. In August, she wrote this in response to an impatient fan, “Give up on me if you want to! I write a record when I have enough special stories to tell, and it’s all me, every melody every lyric, not some team who just start the machine up every eighteen months like clockwork. The record is written, we’re in the production stage now. I’ve worked like a dog for a year making this thing great for you guys.” In November she posted this picture to her Twitter.

The snap might be a cruel tease, but it definitely sends a clear message:  new music has been written, just hold onto your butts. According to the rumor mill, she might drop something on March 7, so you may not have to wait long. Until then, we’ll be held in suspense, and she’ll just be kickin’ it with her famous friends. Who else has birthday parties hosted by Taylor Swift?

So all hail to our returning Lorde and savior.

Hi guys! I'm Holly, and I'm a writer for HerCampus at Illinois State. My interests includes feminism, superheroes, books, movies, tv shows, food, and puppies! As you can see, I enjoy a pretty eclectic range of things, but most importantly I'm just a regular college girl trying to live her best life. :)
Contributor account for Illinois State