How to Fight the Sunday Scaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

After a long week, followed by a Saturday of going out and getting things done…. Sunday hits you HARD, and before you know it, you hate your life and start questioning everything you’ve ever done. Why am I alone? Why does this guy not look like he did last night? Am I really this fat?  THIS is your go-to guide to fight these SUNDAY SCARIES. 

1.    Stuff your face

When in doubt, eat everything. Drinking a warm cup of tea can be the perfect start of the day, or maybe stuffing your face with leftover pizza from Saturday could be just what you need to take a minute for yourself.  

2.    Get out of the house

Get off your butt and go for a walk through the quad or try yoga. A change in scenery can change your perspective on life, and let’s be real, being outside is way better for your soul and health than sitting in your room binge-watching Netflix.

3.    Create a relaxing space

If your plan is to stay in all day and relax, make your space a place of comfort. Get rid of all your clutter, and clear your head. Try taking a bath or lighting a candle for a more relaxing vibe.

4.    Don’t procrastinate

Get all of your homework and chores out of the way in the beginning of the day so you have the rest of the day to relax.

Hope your Sunday’s get a little less scary with these short tips!

Mia

New Haven

Contributor account for Illinois State