This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Thanksgiving break is almost among us! Here are 5 things you can do over break! 

1) Friendsgiving 

Whether you’re going to host one or attend one, Friendsgiving is always the best time. Friendsgiving is a time for you and your friends to get together and have dinner and just enjoy each other’s presence. I personally hosted one last year and it was the most fun night of my break. 

2) Black Friday shopping 

Black Friday shopping is literally always the move. I’m not one to go and camp out at stores at midnight, but that’s always an option. Who wouldn’t want to shop till you drop all day long? Plus the deals are to die for. 

3) Watch every Thanksgiving episode of “Friends” 

I actually just found this out but there is a Thanksgiving episode in every season of “Friends.” I personally do this for Halloween and Christmas but this is something that is super fun and that you can do snuggled up in bed. 

4) Football 

Football is always the move while on break. Whether this is watching it or playing it (I suggest both) both are fun. My family always has a flag football tournament on the morning of Thanksgiving. It’s a great way to get closer to your family and have some fun all in one. 

5) Make a list of what you’re thankful for 

This one is super cheesy but I always love doing it. Making a list of what you’re thankful for not only makes you feel good about what you love but it also makes you have to evaluate what is most important to you. 

There are definitely a lot more things that you could do during Thanksgiving break, these are just a few that are especially fun.

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
Contributor account for Illinois State