3 Reasons Why I am Excited to be Apart of the Her Campus Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Hello! New writer here. Here are a few reasons why I am excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team!

1. Creative Freedom

With Her Campus, I can write whatever I want like beauty tricks, fashion, or even the latest news. I will be able to express myself through my writing that I cannot do in real life. There is just something about having a blank page and a brain full of ideas that just makes me smile. I have always loved the idea of having a YouTube channel and to create videos that will help other people. Since I am so scared of the idea, I think Her Campus will allow me to have the same effect of helping people with different topics, just like a YouTube channel would. 

2. Childhood Dream

When I was in middle school, I used to sit on the blacktop and write stories in my journal. Yes, I was that kid who didn’t play on the playground at recess. I spent years just writing little stories and drawing pictures on a little notebook. I have always loved writing and getting my ideas out into the world. I am so excited to be able to be a part of a team that allows me to share my ideas with hundreds of people. It has been such a goal of mine to have my writing shown to other people. I am so excited for you guys to read my articles and I hope you leave with something new whether it be new tips or facts.

3. Connections

Through Her Campus, I will be able to connect with people who are interested in the same things I am. I also will be able to connect with my fellow writers and learn from them. I will be able to grow as a writer, while also helping those who read my articles! 

I am so excited to be a part of such an amazing team. Through Her Campus, I hope to share my opinions, give tips, and overall just inspire others around me to be themselves while also looking/feeling amazing!

Jessica Hogeboom

Illinois State '22

ISU 2022 | Elementary Education Follow me on Instagram : @jesshogeboom
Contributor account for Illinois State