This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Want to do some spring cleaning but don’t know where to start? Here are a few easy tasks to start with.

Vacuum

Any lazy cleaner knows the power of a vacuum. A good vacuum isn’t just a vacuum; it’s also a broom, a duster, and a magician. My favorite thing to do to make me feel more put together is to vacuum. You can see a clear improvement in cleanliness after vacuuming, which helps you feel accomplished and lessen all cleaning-related stress.

Do Laundry

Few things give me more stress than a full hamper. I hate doing large loads of laundry and having to sort through all of the different items in a stuffed hamper. However, few things give me more satisfaction than having clean clothes, towels, and sheets. Therefore, I end up doing laundry quite frequently. Emptying my hamper, hanging up fresh towels, and washing my sheets always help me feel refreshed and clean. Laundry is a great way to get started on spring cleaning. 

Clean Our Your Fridge

Cleaning out a closet is too much of a daunting task for me to include in this list. However, cleaning out your fridge is much more doable and practical. Anyone can make a million excuses to keep an obscure piece of clothing in your closet. However, there’s no arguing with expired milk or wilted lettuce. Therefore, cleaning your fridge is much more straightforward than cleaning your closet. It gives you the chance to take inventory of your ingredients and start brainstorming meal ideas. Bonus points for conquering the freezer!

Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be an overwhelming task. Start small and focus on what needs to get done rather than what you think should be done. After all, the goal of cleaning is to feel good about yourself and your home, not to stress you out and leave you with loads of trash and very few belongings.

Bridget is a Senior English major at Holy Cross. She likes books, yoga, Taylor Swift, feta cheese, and reality TV. When she grows up, she wants to be Miss Havisham or Jia Tolentino.