“Throw Some Glitter, Make It Rain”: Ke$ha Inspired Fall Fest Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

written by HC Hofstra Social Media Director, Jasmine Phillips

As you all know this Saturday, September 28th, Ke$ha will be headlining this year’s Vibe Live Concert as a part of Hofstra’s Fall Festival! The pop star is known for not only her raunchy, party lyrics but also her outlandish, grundgy and glitter infused style. Here are a few statement pieces all under $50 that will help you dress the part as you sing your heart out on the intramural fields.

For those us who don’t sweat glitter like Ke$ha we can resort to glitter nail polish. Sephora by OPI has “Justa’ Pinch of Glitter” to make our nails shine like diamonds. The best part, it’s on sale for $4.50, get yours fast!

You’ll definitely get in touch with your inner pop rock princess by snagging a pair of these distressed skinny jeans from Go Jane for $47.20. Not only are they super trendy but they stretch, so feel free to dance move around at the concert comfortably…..you’ll be out there for a while.

Walk with confidence in these statement making combat boots found at Windsor for $36.90. The silver studs are the cherry on top as they add that special wow factor. These boots are a perfect addition to your fall wardrobe.

Ke$ha proves that it is okay to show your American pride on days other than the 4th of July. This American flag crop tee from Romwe for $25.55 gives you that grunge yet fashionable feel that Ke$ha is known for. This tee can be dressed with a pair of pumps up or dressed down with a pair of dark wash jeans.

As far as finishing touches go, here’s the time to wear big and bold jewelry pieces. Ke$ha has her own jewelry line called “Kesha Rose” with collections holding the same title as some of her hit songs, clever, uses real human teeth. Her pieces are a bit pricey so if you are on a college budget but still want some arm candy, try this rhinestone, skull, studded, leather BKE Glitz Bracelet Set from Buckle for $24.95.

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!