Must See Monday: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Must See Monday: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

What if there was a show that was a mixture of Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock and The Office. Look no further because Brooklyn Nine-Nine is that show. It’s a comedy about an NYPD precinct in Brooklyn (duh), following the lives few of their fellow officers, detectives and captain. It’s definitely not your typical cop show…it’s better.

When Parks and Rec went off the air (cue tears), I was looking for a new laugh out loud show to watch that had brilliant writing, hysterical characters and outrageous plot lines. Brooklyn Nine-Nine stems from the creators of Parks, keeping in tone with hiring a former Saturday Night Live member, Andy Samberg as Detective Jake Peralta, a “class clown” character who brings laughter into every scene. Chelsea Peretti, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Trugilo, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher star.

Why Should I Watch This Show?: I watch a lot of television. Like an unhealthy amount. It’s hard to have an ensemble cast that can mesh so well together, but the cast here does not disappoint. You can tell they actually all love each other deep down off camera, making the relationships seen on screen seem authentic and realistic. Also, you’ll cry laughing so hard at one of Jake’s mishaps, Santiago’s suck up moments or Captain Holt’s stoic moments.

Still Unsure? Here are a few of the funniest moments so far:

There are a bunch of running gags throughout the show which never seem to get old

And there are definitely some poignant moments, but at the end of the day, you really want to have a work family like this

Brooklyn Nine-Nine airs Sunday’s @8:30PM on Fox

Video/Television Major here at Hofstra. Screenwriting. Summer. Music. TV Addict. Amateur Chef. Surfer. Writer. Die-hard Mets fan.Would rather be at the beach!Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.