This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I know I previously did an article on makeup with a budget, but this is another one of those cheap brands that have great products, for the most part.

So I probably started using NYX because I needed something last minute and I ran to the drugstore to pick it up and NYX was the first thing I saw. Well I love it now.

Something I go through bottles and bottles of is the NYX Concealer Wand. I have used other brands of concealer that were maybe six times the price and out of everything I have tried NYX has been one of my favorites. This is a light concealer but has awesome coverage, and it’s one of those products that I don’t feel guilty using a lot of because it is so cheap. I’ve also used this to highlight and contour my face and found that I really liked using it for that purpose as well.

One of my favorite products from this brand and its something I recently picked up is the NYX orange dark circle concealer. This was about $6.00. Don’t let the fact that this concealer is bright orange scare you. I originally saw this product being used in a makeup tutorial on YouTube and I couldn’t believe how well it covered dark spots, especially the dark circles under your eyes. Because of the bright color it cancels out any darkness you experience on your face and under your eyes. Once you put your foundation over it you have no idea it’s there, but your dark spots are still covered. If you’re someone who has trouble covering up the circles under your eyes I most definitely suggest this product.

Another favorite I have is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London. This maybe cost me $6.00 at most. This is a liquid lip and the color is amazing, I’m obsessed with it. During the winter, it’s all I wore. It had the perfect matte look without looking caked on. The only problem that I had with this is it wasn’t a long lasting color, but because it was so cheap I didn’t feel back reapplying it all the time. When I ran out it wasn’t a problem to just go pick up another tube.

Something else I have in my collection is the Auto Eyebrow Pencil in medium brown. I dyed my hair and I needed a quick eyebrow pencil so I bought this. The shade was wrong and the shades are very limited, but if you can find this in a shade that goes well with your brow color it is a nice pencil. I think I just prefer powders over pencils.

I have tried the NYX Matte Finishing spray and I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it. I have it on my dresser just incase I forget to spray my face and I need something quickly, but other than that it isn’t an everyday product.

I also tried their Liquid Illuminator in golden peach and wasn’t a fan. For starters I don’t like too much shimmer in my highlighters and this one had a lot of it. I also prefer powder highlighters over liquid because it doesn’t look so patchy when you put it over your finished makeup like this product did.

They just came out with a line of liquid suede cream lipsticks that I have yet to try. I haven’t seen them in stores yet so I’ll most likely order them online because they look amazing and they’re $7.00 a bottle.

So this is one of those lines where you can either have a hit or miss product. The good thing about this though is its so cheap that if you buy something and you hate it you’re not necessarily heartbroken over all the money you shelled out.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.