This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Can I just say one of my latest obsessions is the Kat Von D “Lock It Tattoo Foundation.”

This all started when I found out about Sephora’s free samples. If you didn’t know, quick tip, Sephora gives out samples of liquid items suh as foundation. They come in little pots and a little goes a long way. I’ve used this pot about 4 times and I’m not even halfway done with it.

So needless to say, I went into Sephora one day looking for a full coverage foundation and I was recommended to this specific foundation. Now it’s meant for tattoo’s, but due to acne and skin discoloration I decided to try it out. I have no tattoos, so I havent tested it on a tattoo, but it’s amazing on skin.

The first few times I tried it, I didnt like it. I don’t know why exactly, I just preferred my MAC foundation. Randomly one day I reached for this foundation though and I just fell in love. Maybe its the way I applied it, or what I did to set it, but it just looked flawless.

I start my face with a thick moisturizer and some primer. I use a full face concealer, and then throw some of this foundation on with a stippling brush and then continue to buff it out and I can’t get enough of it. 

This foundation doesn’t look cakey, it looks very matte, and it is my new obsession.

I have yet to buy the actual bottle because my sample came with so much. It’s true a little really does go a long way. I suggest sampling from Sephora (it’s free) or if you decide to buy it, its $35.00 for a bottle at Sephora.

I highly recommend it!

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.