Jacquelyne Pizzuto: A Centennial Conference Champion!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

This year proved to be historic for the Haverford College Women’s Basketball team as they won their first Centennial Conference championship and made it to the second round of the NCAA tournament! Her Campus Haverford interviewed Jacquie Pizzuto ’15, the team’s starting point guard, to see what she had to say about being a part of such a successful team this year!

Name: Jacquelyne Pizzuto

Year: 2015

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Belle Mead, NJ

When did you start playing basketball? Third grade

What is your favorite part about being a student athlete at Haverford? I love being part of a community of athletes at Haverford who constantly work hard both in the classroom and in their sport, and I’m grateful for all of the relationships I have developed because of that.

What is your best memory from this basketball season? Winning the Centennial Conference Championship with my best friends and finally getting that banner!

Why do you think the team had so much success this year? We had great chemistry on the court and had the utmost trust in one another, allowing us to stay together through adversity and come out on top. 

Who do you have winning March Madness? Florida (though I’m a Duke fan)