Campus Celebrity: Alumna Jacqueline Yates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Jacqueline Yates is an inspiration to many students at Hampton Unversity who wish to take the magazine career route. Yates was about of the grauduating class of 2010 at Hampton University. She obtain a Bachelor of Arts  in Journalism and Communications. After graduating from Hampton University, Yates headed to New York City. There she freelanced as the Editorial Beauty Assitant for Essence Magazine. After being with Essence for 3 years, Yates became the Associate Beauty & Grooming Editor for Ebony Magazine.

In her free time, Yates runs her own blog titled 2 Snaps and a Twist, which is centered around her love for the beauty industry and living life during your 20’s. Her blog has a unique voice that informs you while entertaining you, which is hard to do.

Overall, Her Campus Hampton is very inspired by Jacqueline Yates journey. She is one of many Hamptonians who have shown first hand a great example of what success is made of. 

photos from Jacqueline’s Instagram account @livluvlaurean