Working together?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Working together?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

With midterm season in full swing, I thought I would share some of my favourite non-library study spaces on campus.  

1. The UC  

I used to avoid the UC for studying as it tends to be a bit noisier. However, there are a couple spots which you can find a small piece of quiet for those times of focused studying. There are desks on the second floor and a couple of two-person tables. It’s a great place to go if you are able to stand a little bit of noise. 

2. Science Complex  

I love going to the science complex particularly at night when it’s a bit quieter, with the dimmed lighting giving it a calming ambiance. If you want to study in the science complex but can’t find a table in the atrium or want a quieter study spot the upper floors have desks at the end of them. 

3. Macdonald Hall  

As a science student I had never been to Macdonald hall until last year. Located near Lennox Addington residence the renovated building is a great study spot and open before the library on Sundays.  

4. Second Cup  

Located across the street from the OVC, Second Cup is a great place to write out some notes while enjoying a coffee. It tends to be busier in the early afternoon and late morning so it’s best to go early in order to guarantee a table.  

Rachel is a fourth year bio-medical science student at the University of Guelph.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!