Easy Hairstyles in Under 5 Minutes

A wise friend of mine once said, “Bad hair day? Aint nobody got time for that”, and I have never heard anything more accurate in my life!

Despite what you may think, throwing your hair into a messy “I literally just woke up like this” bun is not your only option on days where you need to rush out of the door for school. Therefore, I have compiled a list of easy hairstyles that will ensure that you never have a bad hair day again!

Low Sleek Bun

Step 1. With a thin comb, divide your hair down the middle (or however you usually part your hair).

Step 2. Tie your hair into a low, tight ponytail.

Step 3. Braid the ponytail and secure it with another hair elastic at the bottom.

Step 4. Wrap your braid around itself as if you were tying your hair into a low bun and secure it with a clear hair elastic, or bobby pins.

Step 5. Adjust the bun and loosen it up for an effortless feel.

Double Ponytail 

Everyone knows how to pull their hair back into a ponytail, but this looks adds a little extra something to an ever so classic hairstyle. This look is perfect on second day hair as it works the best when there is some texture and movement to the hair.

Step 1. Divide your hair into two sections and secure the top portion of your hair with an elastic band that matches your hair color.

Step 2. Tie the remaining hair into a second ponytail just below the first one.

Step 3. With a comb, lightly tease each ponytail focusing more on the top ponytail. Do this until both ponytails blend together to form one voluminous and fluffy ponytail.

Half Up- Half Down

Over the past year, everyone has witnessed the excessive amount of “man buns” all around. This look is a more put together, updated twist on the classic (or dreaded) “man bun” that will make you feel chic all day long.

Step 1.  Section your hair just above your ears and tie it with a ponytail that matches the color of your hair.

Step 2. Run your fingers to the middle of the top section of your hair and poke your finger through, creating a hole.

Step 3. Take your ponytail and loop it through the hole that you made in your hair. Secure it down and loosen it up until it looks the way you want it to!

Step 4. An optional final step is to pull out some pieces of hair to frame your face!

Twist and Clip

I can’t stand when my hair is in my face, especially when I am studying, or trying to focus in class, therefore this look is perfect for those days where you still want to keep your hair down, but not have to worry about tucking it behind your ears every time you move your head.

Step 1. With a straight comb, part your hair down the middle (or however you usually part your hair).

Step 2. Starting from your temples, take a small, one-inch section of your hair and pull it away from your face.

Step 3. Take the one- inch section of your hair and loosely twist it up and away from your face.

Step 4. Secure the twisted section of hair with a fun, metallic bobby pin, or one that matches the color of your hair.

Step 5. Repeat this process on both sides of your head.

When All Else Fails

Accidents happen. Maybe you went out with your friends for drinks the night before and forgot to set your alarm clock. Maybe you pressed snooze one too many times, or maybe you just haven’t had the time or energy to wash your hair in 3 days.

When all else fails, cute accessories are a true life-saver and in the winter, there are endless options that will keep you warm and fashionable any day of the week! I always opt for a good hat when I’m having a bad hair day in the winter! A nice beanie or cashmere hat will keep you looking fashionable, help you stay warm, and keep your messy hair a secret from everyone!

The hat

For some more inspiration, check out some of my favorite hair accessories!

Click to Buy

You can never go wrong with a black hat! The delicate pearl details are a beautiful added touch!

Click to Buy 

Love the metallic on this hat! This hat is a great way to incorporate the metallic trend that we are seeing everywhere right now into an outfit without having to spend big bucks on a more daring style!

Try a fun headband! Wear them with your hair in a sleek high ponytail, or with any of the other hairstyles listed above!

Click to Buy

The jewel detailing on both of these headbands add an unexpected edge! The colorful crystal headband can be worn day and night, while this knit headband is a fun take on a classic winter style!

Click to Buy 

You’re never fully dressed without great hair, but at the end of the day, confidence is the best hairstyle, so whether you style your hair, or just leave it be, rock it with confidence and get ready to conquer the day!

About The Author

A Criminal Justice and Public Policy major with a love for writing and fashion! 

Instagram: Styledbycarlyrae 

Instagram: Carlyabrahams