Meet Our Sister Chapter Team: Meredith Leggero

Hello Collegiettes! This week, we had the pleasure of collaborating with our sister chapter, Her Campus at Arizona State University! In order to highlight their awesome and hardworking Executive Board, I would like to introduce you to freshman Meredith Leggero, graphic designer for Her Campus ASU!

Name, Year, Hometown: Meredith Leggero, Freshman, Greenwich, Connecticut

Major/Minor: Political Science major

Favorite Quote: “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”- Barack Obama

Best Binge-Watch: Brooklyn 99! It's an amazing and progressive show about police officers in NYC. Super funny and light-hearted.

Perfect Pizza: Tons of cheese, French fries, and hot sauce! It sounds gross but it’s a fantastic combo!

Bucket List Item: Go to the winter Olympics! Ever since I was a kid I loved watching the Olympics. I especially love the winter ones because I like the events better. I would ski or snowboard if I made it to the Olympics but the ice dancing is my favorite! Did you see Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir? Their performance had me SHOOK.

Last Book You Read (not for school): Yes Please by Amy Poehler! I grew up watching her on SNL, and she’s one of my faves. So I picked up her book and read it over winter break. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend it. It’s hilarious, but also touching and very real. Awesome read!

Song on Repeat: "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, my favorite song of all time!

Favorite thing about ASU: I love how there’s gorgeous weather all year! My parents will call me and complain about the snow at home while I’m sitting in the warm, sunny weather with a green tea lemonade!

Two Truths & a Lie:

1. I saw Jay Z and Beyonce at a restaurant in NYC
  2. I carry a mini Sriracha with me wherever I go
  3. I’ve never been to a baseball game

(Scroll down to the bottom of the article to find out which one is the lie!)

Celebrity Crush: I absolutely adore Kate McKinnon! I’m always watching her SNL skits on YouTube. Her political ones are my favorite! I want to be as talented and funny as her one day!

Last Movie Watched in Theaters: Black Panther! By far the best Marvel movie I’ve seen!

Why did you decide to attend ASU? My stepdad went here so I’ve visited multiple times. I love the campus, climate and programs for my major! ASU is a wonderful community full of hard-working, driven students who know how to study and enjoy the nice weather! What’s better than that?

What is your favorite thing about Her Campus ASU? By far the best part about HC ASU is the outstanding team behind it! I love seeing these people every Thursday and talking about HC and making them all laugh! Good times!

Tell us something about ASU that most people don’t know: Since ASU Tempe is such a huge campus, there’s a bunch of little nooks and crannies that students have yet to discover! One of my favorite places on campus is the new Sparky Den! It has couches, TVs, a makerspace, and pool tables! It’s a great place to relax between classes! In addition to that, there’s some amazing eateries near campus. Shady Park is a place 10 minutes away from my building and they make the best ramen!

It was so much fun getting know Meredith and partnering with Her Campus ASU for the week! To see their content and learn more about HC ASU, you can visit their page!

Answer to Two Truths & a Lie: Meredith has in fact never been to a baseball game! In which case, she really did see Beyonce and Jay Z in NYC! Wow, jealous!!