Valentine’s Day Dining: Metropolitan Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Valentine’s Day is approaching. Whether it’s a girl’s night out or a romantic evening for two, a collegiette has got to eat! Spend your special evening in one of the greatest cities, Washington, D.C.! Not only will you satisfy your taste buds, but you’ll also have the opportunity to take a romantic stroll by the monuments.  Bon appétit collegiettes!

Paolo’s Ristorante$$ 1303 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007

If you’re a lover of traditional Italian cuisine, then Paolo’s is the place for you! Paolo’s is known for “pizza, pasta, cocktails…and of course pizzaz!” Enjoy an evening in Georgetown and check out the shops.

Café du Parc$$$ 1401 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004

Want to try something new and exciting? Café du Parc offers the “buzz of the city” as you wine and dine on French cuisine. Café du Parc is conveniently situated next to the White House and DC’S monuments.

U Street Café$ 1301 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009

If you’re feeling something more relaxed and casual, try U Street Cafe. U Street offers cafe classics at affordable prices! Fancy dining at the fraction of the price. Perfect for a day-time date or lunch in the city with the girls! 

Tackle Box$$ 3245 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007

Want to get the beach-y feel but can’t get out of the city? Tackle Box is an exciting restaurant set in Georgetown that will satisfy all of your seafood needs. Tackle Box is situated in a more relaxed and casual setting great for dates or a girl’s night out.

Serendipity 3$$ 3150 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007

Serendipity 3 offers American cuisine and top-of-the-line desserts. This restaurant is adorable, complete with pastels, cupids on the wall, and comfy booths. End your evening on a sweet note with Serendipity’s famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. Yum!

Cosi$ 1919 M Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20036

Cozy up at Cosi! Enjoy lunch and dinner specials at great prices. End the evening roasting marshmallows right at your table. More s’mores please!

Old Ebbitt Grill$$ 675 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005

If you’re into that old-timey pub styled restaurant, try the Old Ebbitt Grill! This place has a ton of history and makes for an interesting date night. Make sure to get a reservation for this charming and bustling scene. Located near the White House, Old Ebbitt Grill offers American cuisine set with a full bar. You won’t be disappointed!

Picture Sources: 1, 2, 34, 5, 67 

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com