This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Via GMU Dance

Throughout the country, November and December are traditionally known as the holidays. For students, the holidays are superseded by the stress of final exams at the peak of gift giving, causing a state of delirium across campuses. As worry increases over finding the perfect gift while simultaneously maintaining sanity, students are advised to find time to relax.Via GMU Dance

The perfect solution to give the gift of giving and alleviate some of that stress is to attend a local dance performance. Fortunately, Mason can offer all that with the upcoming performances that make the perfect gift and stress-reliever.

Winter: Dance Innovations

Can’t get enough dance? Student choreography is also being presented at Harris Theatre in Winter: Dance Innovations on December 7-9 at 8pm. Again, the tickets are free for a limited time with $15 for full tickets, $10 for staff and students and $7 for groups larger than 10 people. Like all the shows choreographed by Mason Dance Department’s students, guest panelists carefully created the show. Tickets go on sale beginning November 21st. The show features eight diverse works. If coming to support your peers isn’t enough of an incentive…just remember that President Trump cut the National Endowment for the Arts so promoting Mason dance is basically giving a big FU to Mr. President. Via Leila Mire

Mason Dance Company: Studio Series

Finish off your semester right with a final performance by Mason Dance Company in the studio series. This intimate showcase is an excellent way for the dance connoisseur and amateur alike to appreciate dance because unlike the other performances it offers a much more intimate experience. It takes place in the dance department at a studio-turned-black box theater. This personal setting allows the audience to discuss the choreographic process with the dancers and dance makers. The shows take place on December 12th at 6 pm and 8 pm. Each show presents different choreographers’ work with a total of 10 numbers. Tickets are $7 and seating is limited. Fortunately, if the Winter weather has you inside, a live stream option is also available (link will be released at a later date.)Via GMU Dance

So if you used to dance when you were younger, have never seen dance before, or want a taste of what the dance scene at Mason is like, be sure to check out the upcoming shows this semester. A little culture never hurt anyone and it’s an opportunity you want to grab at while you have the chance. For more information follow George Mason School of Dance on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For tickets swing by the box office at the College of Visual and Performing Arts.

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com