yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The Top 5 Halloween Costumes for 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

With the election coming closer and closer, there have been numerous predictions about the results! So why not try this idea with costumes? There have definitely been a lot of notable figures and symbols in recent media and these top five choices are what I predict will be at every frat Halloween party at GMU! Keep on the look out for these Halloween costumes this year.

1.   Harley Quinn

The crazy but loveable character from the summer hit release “Suicide Squad”! You’ll probably see people in droves dressed like her! Maybe even guys! Looking to sport your inner Harley Quinn? Say no more HalloweenCostumes.com has the above costume and for a sale price! 

2.   Harambe 

The tragic life of the gorilla was cut short, but his memory will last forever! In costumes! Expect at least 3 frat boys each Halloween party this year to be in the getup. Sexy Harambe costume? Say no more TotaFratMove has you covered on where you can find one for this Halloween 

3.  Donald Trump

Good ol’ tiny hands. This will be a popular one with supporters and never Trumpers alike! Yandy along with the various other halloween costume shops will have the above costume for you to sport out this halloween! 

4.   Hillary Clinton

Chillary Clinton (a variation of Hillary that is likeable to the media apparently) or Debate Hillary! Just throw together a matching pant suit and a blonde wig! SheFinds will help guide you to the perfect Hillary Clinton costume

5.   Ken Bone

A recent addition since the last presidential debate. A shining beacon in that sea of commotion! He’s loveable and easy to replicate, fashion wise! Heavy.com gives you some crucial DIY pointers when recreating the Ken Bone look and when in doubt will also give you the link to the above costume

Courtney Spencer

George Mason University

Courtney is a Public Relations major at GMU and the Editor for Her Campus here. She hails from Chesapeake, Virginia, the #3 most boring city in the country. As a sophomore, she has already achieved #1 A-list fame in the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game. As a Junior, she has already achieved a twitter follow from Aly and AJ, so basically her life is set. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can be found on Tumblr, Instagram, or Twitter probably droning on about Harry Styles or puppies (but not all the time so follow me! @cspencerr). If you see her around campus, don't be shy, say hi!
Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats