This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

If you’re like me, you don’t even try to make new year resolutions anymore. They always fall through and never last more than a week. This year I decided that I’m done with resolutions and that I’m going to start on a life-long journey to change my mind and habits. I am devoting the entirety of 2019 to working on myself and being the person I want to be. This includes rediscovering who I am and doing all of the things I never thought I could achieve at this point in my life. Here is a list of goals I hope to accomplish within this year and hopefully it will give you inspiration to also dedicate this year to being the best version of you!

1. Self Care

This year, I am taking more time for myself and you should too. Take breaks when you know you need them, hang out with friends more often and be easy on yourself! Life is not as serious as you think so don’t treat it that way, treat yourself! Via Giphy

2. Gradually Becoming Zero Waste

In 2019 I want to cut back on the amount of waste I produce. We have all see the video with the turtle having a plastic straw being pulled from his nose. The only way to reduce the amount of trash in our landfills and oceans is to make the small changes in our own lives and I think this is something small we could take on this year!

Via Giphy

Related: I Stopped Using Plastic Straws and You Should Too

3. Reshaping My Relationship With Food

This is something I have been trying to do for years and failed at time and time again, but 2019 is the year it all happens. Creating better habits and relationships with food can help people live happier lives and change their mindset. This is something I am challenging myself on, but make sure you do what makes you happy!

Via Giphy

4. Working Out When I Can

Again, this is something that I have been struggling with off and on my entire life. I am not perfect and I know it can be really hard to fit a workout into our crazy college schedules. If you’re in the same boat, don’t beat yourself up if you missed a day or even a week! If this is something you want to take on this year too, then take your time and go at your own pace!

Via Giphy

5. Learning To Be Proud Of Yourself

In my personal life, I have discovered that I have a hard time being proud of myself. Nothing that I do will ever be enough and I thought that’s how it is supposed to be. Well, I was wrong. We are allowed to be proud of our accomplishments, no matter how big or small. Dedicate this year to celebrating your successes and how amazing you are!

Via Giphy

This is YOUR year, collegiettes! Whatever you set your mind to, you can accomplish.

Mackenzie Nelson

George Mason University '21

Mackenzie Nelson is a double major in Government and International Politics with a concentration in International Relations and Russian and Eurasian Studies with a concentration in Russian Language and Culture. She is passionate about politics and loves coffee. In the future, she hopes to work in public service.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com