ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer Essentials for the Collegiette On the Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

After months of papers, group projects, and let’s be real, serious stress, you finally made it to the end of the semester. It’s time to get that #SummerGlow and relax. Keep these essentials on-hand to make this the best summer yet.

The perfect sundress

Whether it’s a bright floral or classic black, pair your most flattering sundress with a fitted blazer for the perfect business casual look that can take you from summer internship to post-work dinner with your #GirlGang. Via Unsplash

Time of the month defense

No one wants to spend an entire festival or concert hiding a potential period stain. Keep Carefree® Acti-Fresh® Twist Resist™ in your back pocket for eight hours of freshness and solid protection. Mother Nature? I don’t know her rn.

Via Alexa Garcia

Raspberry Rain Shave Gel

Swimsuit season is here! Get a close and comfortable shave with this sweet and summery scented shave gel!

Via Alexa Garcia

Skintimate Exfoliating Warm Vanilla Sugar

Pair the perfect shave gel with the perfect razor for the ultimate shave experience. Vitamin E and olive butter give you moisturized, smooth legs for days – the best bikini accessory.

Via Alexa Garcia

Conversation starters

Whether it’s a coworker at your summer hustle or the VP of the company, keep Extra Refreshers Spearmint Chewing Gum on-hand when you want to strike up a conversation and make your networking game next-level. Pick up these and other flavors at Walmart on your next shopping trip.

Via Alexa Garcia

Cica Balm with Bija Seed Oil

After stressing over finals, your skin deserves some care. Apply the Cica balm on your whole face as a moisturizer or use it for targeted care. This lightweight oil is a must-have for every skin type!

Via Alexa Garcia

Spare flats

As tempting as your new pumps may be for your first big girl job or internship, your feet will be hurting at the end of the day. If you’re using public transportation or walking city streets, keep a spare pair of flats on hand for when you’re feet just *can’t* anymore.

Via Unsplash

VERB Ghost shampoo + Ghost Conditioner

Protect your hair from the summer sun and UV damage with this frizz-taming shampoo and conditioner pair. The VERB shampoo and conditioner will leave your hair looking perfect for every Instagramable moment at the beach, all while protecting it from the sun!

Via Alexa Garcia

Versatile tote bag

You need the perfect bag to carry all of your essentials. Look for something with a laptop sleeve or extra pockets to keep you organized. Professional and functional? Yes, please.

Via Unsplash

May your summer be extra ‘gram-worthy’ this year, collegiettes!

Courtney Boone

George Mason University '18

Courtney is a senior at George Mason University studying forensic psychology and criminology. She serves as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus George Mason and is also a Her Campus National Chapter Advisor. She graduates in December of 2018 and will be starting her Master's in Criminal Justice this spring at Mason. The motto she lives by: "Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it." 
Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.