free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Although it has already felt like spring the past few weeks here in Fairfax, thanks to some warm and sunny weather, this Sunday marks the official start of spring. As spring nears and midterms have ended, it is almost scary how soon finals and summer are so soon on the horizon.

As the second half of the semester arrives, often times so does lack of motivation, laziness, and an overall want to avoid schoolwork as much as possible. At such a critical time in the semester, this is the last thing that should happen, however it is much easier said than done.

This spring, it is important to make it a point to stay motivated throughout the end of the school year in preparation for the bright futures we hope to lead. Here are some reasons to not let yourself go in the second half of the semester.

1.   It is easy to ignore your responsibility to take those extra hours to study, but will be so hard to make up for the grades you let slip in the process.

2.   Think about the possibility of an amazing GPA that you’ll be proud to put on your resume.

3.   Motivation for schoolwork will go a long way. Let that motivation carry into different aspects of your life.

4.   Applying for internships will give you the possibility for a great experience and pay opportunity this summer.

5.   Finish strong so you don’t have to make up for it in the long run.

all gifs belong to giphy.com. image belongs to weknowmemes.com.

Lindsey Tangeman

George Mason University

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com