This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

On Fridays we wear green and gold. BUT if you don’t, you can possibly get hit by the infamous spirit violation. The spirit violation is a bookmark sized notice that people in golf carts give out throughout campus. Each violation can give you a discount at the school store to purchase mason gear (or anything in the bookstore). 

We know you love Mason and have tons of school spirit, but this can be a cool way to save a few bucks. So if you’re feeling like the school bookstore is a little bit pricey, don’t wear green and gold during the day on Friday (but wear it to games and events) and get a little discount! 

Picture Source: 1

Courtney Spencer

George Mason University

Courtney is a Public Relations major at GMU and the Editor for Her Campus here. She hails from Chesapeake, Virginia, the #3 most boring city in the country. As a sophomore, she has already achieved #1 A-list fame in the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game. As a Junior, she has already achieved a twitter follow from Aly and AJ, so basically her life is set. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can be found on Tumblr, Instagram, or Twitter probably droning on about Harry Styles or puppies (but not all the time so follow me! @cspencerr). If you see her around campus, don't be shy, say hi!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com