This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The beautiful month of October is upon us and the weather is cooling, and that can only mean one thing: MOVIE TIME. On that nice rainy or cool friday night, grab some friends and food and have a movie marathon. However, if you are a huge wimp like me and horror movies scare you or they just are just not your thing, this list of classic, unique movies should help you pick out something for Spooktober.

1. Twitches One and Two

The Twitches movies are Disney original classics you just can not get enough of. Plus who does not love Tia and Tamera? A perfect Halloween movie for the family… or sisters!

Via Giphy

2. Coraline 

You remember the creepy movie about people with button eyes that you loved as a child? Yeah, that one. If you know the deeper meaning behind the movie now, it is actually pretty scary, but extremely fun to watch around this time.

Via Giphy

3. Monster House

This movie is hilarious and so much fun to watch. Honestly I watch it year round and my siblings and I can not get enough of it. 

Via Giphy

4. Just About ANY Tim Burton Film

Tim Burton brings this Halloween feel to a lot of his movies and they are all perfect to watch this season. The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands, and Frankenwennie are just a few to mention.

Via Giphy

5. The Haunted Mansion

Eddie Murphy will have you on the floor laughing with this movie. This one is personally one of my favorites. The ride at Disney World is also one of my favorite rides ever.

Via Giphy

6. Halloweentown 

All of the Halloweentown movies will bring you back to your childhood. They are the perfect monster movies you will love. And all I gotta say is my homegirl, Debbie Reynolds, is in the movie, so what reason do you have to not watch these movies?

Via Giphy

7. BOO! A Madea’s Halloween Movie

Any Tyler Perry movie will have you laughing in tears, but this one is Halloween themed. This one is hilariously perfect if you are looking for a laugh!

Via Giphy

8. The Addam’s Family

Who does not love The Addam’s Family? You can watch this movie throughout the whole year and it will not have the same effect if you watch it now. Get on it!!

Via Giphy

9. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Rocky Horror is one of those “if you know, you know” movies. I know I said The Haunted Mansion was my favorite, but I lied. This one is my all time favorite; I even made a painting of it. Once you watch this musical on the TV, you must go see it live in person! They have live shows on Saturdays at midnight at the University Mall. The live performance is so much fun and newcomers get a surprise!

Via Giphy

I hope you guys can use these movies to make your Spooktober a great one! Have fun this spooky season collegiettes!

Olivia Reed

George Mason University '22

Olivia Reed Just a Communications major trying to speak truth through my writing.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com