Mason Formal Recruitment: 11 Feelings the Night Before Bid Day as Told by Queer Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Recruitment is a total blur of talking, screaming, sleeping, kind of eating, crying, rinse and repeat. It’s stressful and tiring, but it’s all worth it the moment Bid Day rolls around. The new members have found their home, even if you haven’t yet found your sanity. There’s so many emotions running through your head, and who better to express emotion than the Fab 5? Here’s what you will be feeling the night before bid day, as told by Queer Eye.Via Giphy

1. Knowing that recruitment is almost over and tomorrow is finally Bid Day

Via Giphy

2. And then accidentally looking in the mirror the next morning and seeing what those long days of recruitment have done to you

Via Giphy

3. Showing up late to set-up

Via Giphy

4. The recruitment team trying to get everything ready

Via Giphy

5. When you come to the rescue with the decorating

Via Giphy

6. When you’re trying to look cute but the hurricane weather is not on your side

Via Giphy

7. When you’re waiting for the new members to run home and you don’t see your rush crush…

Via Giphy

8. But then you find her and she runs into your arms

Via Giphy

9. Watching the pledge moms introducing themselves to the new members

Via Giphy

10. Bonding with your rush crush during the party

Via Giphy

11. And giving the props to your queen of a recruitment chair at the end of the night

Via Giphy

Bid day is the most magical time of the year, collegiettes! Enjoy every moment of it!

Molly Feser

George Mason University '18

Molly is a Communication major with a concentration in Journalism at George Mason University. She loves Broadway, iced coffee, and The Office. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta on campus. After she graduates she hopes to be an entertainment journalist.
Courtney Boone

George Mason University '18

Courtney is a senior at George Mason University studying forensic psychology and criminology. She serves as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus George Mason and is also a Her Campus National Chapter Advisor. She graduates in December of 2018 and will be starting her Master's in Criminal Justice this spring at Mason. The motto she lives by: "Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it."