This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The semester is in full swing and everyone’s trying to get back into the idea of time management. This week I had the pleasure of interviewing  Kristin Ullman, a Mason senior, and getting to know a little bit about her time management skills and plans after Mason.  Kristin’s motivation level can be an inspiration to us all. Not only is Kristin managing her academics as a double major in Spanish and Global Affairs, she is also maintaining a social life on campus, a job and an internship. Here are a few questions I asked Kristin:

What does your typical week look like during the semester?

KU: A typical week for me includes 4 days of class, 2 days of interning, 2 days of bartending and then fitting homework and the gym in between.

Are you a part of any organizations?

KU: I am a sister of Alpha Omicron Pi here at Mason.

What’s your favorite memory or experience at Mason?

KU: My favorite experience at Mason would be my time away in Madrid, Spain for a semester. I was able to submerge myself into a new culture and experience what life was like outside of my own.

What are you most excited about for graduation?

KU: I am most excited about graduating because it means I am one step closer to law school and achieving my dreams of becoming an international lawyer.

What advice can you give to someone hoping to improve their time management skills?

KU: My advice to someone who wants to improve their time management skills is to plan, plan, plan. Sit down at the beginning of the week and see what your big projects you have due and errands that need to be run. If you look at your schedule ahead of time, you can see what days are going to be best to get things done. Nothing is more stressful than trying to do so many different things in such a short amount of time. In my eyes, Kristin is the super woman of college. She has her mind in the right place and continues to push herself to reach all of her future career goals. Personally, I have a hard time managing all of my activities and responsibilities. I tend to take on too much and never realize how crazy my schedule is until it’s too late. I think we can all take a page out of Kristin’s book to learn how to really commit ourselves in planning out our semesters. Hang in there collegiates, the better you plan the easier the semester will go. Happy Studying!

Ariana Tayebi

George Mason University

George Mason University '18
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com