This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

You may have seen him on the soccer field, but you’ve never gotten to know him like this. At Mason all the way from Germany, meet Henning Dirks! If you enjoy living an active and spontaneous lifestyle, Henning is the guy for you.

Grad Year: 2018

Age: 21

Major: Finance

Hometown: Münster, Germany

Relationship Status: “In a relationship with Soccer”—he’s technically single ladies!

Celebrity Crush: Margot Robbie

Favorite American food company you cannot get in Germany: Noodles & Company

What made you want to come all the way to George Mason?

I knew GMU had a good soccer program, also how close we are to DC.

What is the biggest difference between the college experience in Germany and the US?

There’s really no such thing as campus life in Germany—not a lot of dorms and lack of a campus. A lot of students in Germany live in small flats in the middle of the city where buildings are dispersed throughout. There’s also a lack of school spirit in Germany because the universities only have intramural sports teams.

Describe your type.

As an athlete, I prefer an athletic build, also preferably blonde. And let’s say spontaneous and active, I don’t like being inside all day long.

Where would someone most likely run into you on campus?

Either in the field house (where men’s soccer trains and has their locker room) or at Southside.

Can the ladies of GMU find you on tinder?

Occasionally… if they are lucky!

Biggest difference between dating in Germany and in the US?

American girls tend to be a bit more controlling. You cannot really do anything or go anywhere in America without a car. In America, girls are very helpful with school-work, which doesn’t hurt!

Biggest turn off?

When girls talk about their exes, also, when girls are sloppy and unorganized.

Do you prefer US culture or German culture?

US culture is a bit lazy sometimes—you drive to get basically everywhere! I also feel like Americans are more likely to stay in rather then going out to explore. In Germany, being on time is more important, tardiness is more tolerated in the US. Beer is also a bigger thing in Germany… the more beer the better!

All images belong to gomason.com.

Lindsey Tangeman

George Mason University

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com