nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Lauren Brown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Today I want to introduce you all to a wonderful friend and coworker of mine, Lauren Brown. Lauren is one of the most passionate people about environmental conservation that I have ever met. She’s going to save us from our environmental sins one day. She has already taken huge leaps in that direction by spending last semester at the Front Royal campus by going on a trip to Costa Rica with her major to learn more about this beautiful Earth we live on.

Name: Lauren Brown

Year: Senior

Major: Environmental Science

What made you want to be an environmental science major?

I used to teach the environmental science merit badge at summer camp, and teaching it made me realize how important it is that we work towards saving our earth. We simply cannot keep destroying our earth, and I want to teach people that.

What do you want to do when you graduate?

I want to go to grad school, and probably be a field technician for researchers. I love science, but I’m not sure research is whats for me. Eventually I want to teach, in what capacity I haven’t decided yet. Mostly I just want to be happy!

What was your favorite part about visiting Costa Rica?

The scenery! Even though we spent our days hiking through the rain forest, the view was ALWAYS worth it. Absolutely such a beautiful country with beautiful people.

Favorite quote?

“You are what you love, not who loves you” Save Rock and Roll by Fall Out Boy. Its my next tattoo, I say it probably every day.

If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

Easily a blobfish, because they exert as little energy as possible to find their prey and they look like me in the morning.

What have knowledge have you gained from working at GMU?

I definitely have learned a lot of technical knowledge working here, most recently sound and lighting (I’m still getting there), but I think the biggest thing I’ve learned has been the soft skills. I’ve gotten a lot better at working with people and solving problems quickly and efficiently, which are always skills worth perfecting.

Photo Credit: Lauren Brown

Katie Schrum

George Mason University

Writer for the George Mason University chapter of Her Campus. Junior English Major.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com