This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The time has finally come where we can show our thanks, play Christmas music, watch football and enjoy family. Throughout the year, I show my gratitude for all things, but it is never really until this time of the year that I can truly look back and fully appreciate everything. These are some of the things I have found I have an abundant amount of gratitude for this year.

One of the most important things I am grateful for is my forever growing relationship with God. I have not had the best relationship with God, but recently I have never felt closer to him. I participate in a lot of organizations and I am constantly at a haze, but with him, I have been able to do it all. My life, anxiety, and stress seems all at ease when I know I have God by my side. 

My family and friends are a big part of my life that I have so much gratitude for and I could not fathom living without them. They bring me so much joy and fun times. There is no one else I would want to rant to or just hang out endlessly with. They truly do make my life so much better and for that, I am so grateful to have them in my life.

The last thing I have gratitude is all the new opportunities I have got to experience this year. Whether that be job opportunities, or just never before done experiences, I have enjoyed them all. I feel as if I have grown more as a person because of all of this and it truly amazes me. 

So this Thanksgiving when I am chilling at home with my family I will look back through this year and think of all of these things. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season collegiettes!

Olivia Reed

George Mason University '22

Olivia Reed Just a Communications major trying to speak truth through my writing.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com