7 Free Things Mason Students Should Be Taking Advantage Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

1. HBO

Insecure. Ballers. Sex and the City. All of these shows and more  are at our disposal for free. Simply go to HBOGo.com and use your Mason credentials to log in. The only downside to this is that you have to be living on campus to have access, sorry commuters!

Via Giphy

2. Stream2

Stream2 is a streaming service that Mason students can use to stream anywhere and anytime as long as they are on Mason wifi. Who doesn’t want another way to procrastinate?

Via Giphy

3. Rosetta Stone

Over 12 languages are at our hands with free access to Rosetta Stone. Signing up through Mason Library Services can give you access to almost every language Rosetta Stone has to offer so that you can learn it on your own time.

Via Giphy

4. Free laundry

Although laundry is not completely free (it’s included in our lovely room and board costs), not having to scrounge for quarters or spare change is always a plus. With the swipe of your ID card you can use the laundry services an unlimited amount of times. It’s really all about the convenience. If you’ve already technically payed for it, why not use it?

Via Giphy

5. Game of the week

Every sports season, Mason Athletics offers incentives for the Game of the Week. Whether it be Mason spirit apparel or a meal coupon, these offers are available for a limited time at Mason sporting events. Even if you don’t make it to the game in time to get a prize, still support Mason Athletics because all events are free to Mason students!

Via Giphy

Related: I Won A Coupon For Free Chic-Fil-A At a Mason Basketball Game…And Then My Dreams Were Crushed

6. Mason Shuttle Service

Mason shuttles are free to every student and faculty with their Mason ID. The Mason shuttles are available to take students to the Vienna Metro Station, Burke VRE  Station, Fair Lakes shopping center, Fair Oaks shopping center and a number of other destinations. The link below can connect you to the shuttle schedule and their stops.

Via Giphy

7. Microsoft Office

Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite are all free with your Mason credentials. The link below shows you how to get the entire suite on any device.

Via Giphy

Come on, Collegiettes. I know I’m not the only one that will roll up to every function on campus for free food and a t-shirt.

Angelica Walker

George Mason University

Angelica is a Junior Communications major from Lynchburg, VA. She has a concentration in Public Relations and one day hopes to work for the NBA. She is also pursuing a double minor in Sports Communication and African and African American Studies. She is Vice President of the Black Student Alliance and is also a Mason Ambassador.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com