This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve probably been spending a lot of time on TikTok recently. Beyond dance trends and ridiculous videos, TikTok has become a place for artists to thrive. But curating your FYP can be a difficult task, so I’ve gathered seven of my most favorite TikTok artists. Take a read and enjoy your freshly-decorated following page, courtesy of some of the coolest artists on the app. 

1. Jessica Sebok – @jessicasebok_portraits

Jessica Sebok is a St. Louis-based freelance painter, illustrator, and business owner. She started her TikTok last year in October and since then, Jessica has amassed over 72,000 followers and 1 million likes by sharing her impressive acrylic paintings, watercolor and ink paintings, digital illustrations and messages of body positivity. My favorite pieces of art from Jessica are a TikTok series of “collabs” with her three-year-old son, in which she combines his scribbles with beautiful portraits. Jessica says that her son’s experimental creativity inspires her to try new mediums and techniques. Besides TikTok, you can follow Jessica on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. And be sure to check out her store and portfolio here

2. Nika Leverett – @nikaleverett

Nika Leverett is a makeup artist and a fluid artist who has over 230,000 followers and 3.5 million likes on TikTok. She started her TikTok in August 2017, but she only recently started creating fluid art as a full-time career. In July, she started her business while working at UnitedHealthcare but after being laid off from that job in September, she decided to bet on herself and her business. And since July she’s made over $12,000! Her story is super inspiring and she encourages others to pursue their dreams. Nika also shares a lot of social justice and civic engagement content on her TikTok, which we love to see! In addition to TikTok, give Nika a follow on Instagram and subscribe to her YouTube channel, where she posts longer videos of her painting process and her spectacular makeup looks. And check out her website to purchase everything from poster prints and canvases to marbled trays. 

3. Leila Thompson – @lmtweet

Okay maybe I’m biased on this one because Leila Thompson is a NoVa queen, but her work is seriously amazing. Leila graduated from the University of Miami in the spring of 2020 and has since worked as a freelance artist and illustrator. Her work, which is prominently featured across her TikTok and other social media platforms, focuses on topics of race, culture, and social justice in the digital age. Leila first popped up on my FYP with her painting of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s empty Supreme Court chair, and since then, I’ve absolutely fallen in love with her poppy, passionate art pieces. Besides TikTok, you can find Leila’s work on Instagram and YouTube. And check out her website to buy some of these incredible pieces of art or sign up for her sticker club

4. Morgan Casey – @therealmorgancasey

According to her bio, Morgan Casey’s (known as MoMo) TikTok account is where “momtok” and “arttok” meet and that couldn’t be more accurate. I first came across MoMo when a video of hers popped up on my FYP. The video was part of a series called “Drawing one of our subscribers (without their permission) with random things my children choose.” In this series, MoMo – with the help of her adorable children – creates beautiful portraits of her subscribers with everything from flower petals to nail polish. In addition to this fun series, MoMo’s art is also dedicated to capturing the beauty and power of humanity through emotive pieces of art. Currently, she is working on a series that showcases powerful women and the beauty they bring to the world. Check out her work here and be sure to also give her a follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Related: 7 Artists You Should Follow on Instagram During Quarantine

5. Nadine Robbins – @nadinerobbinsart

I am obsessed with painter Nadine Robbins and apparently so is the rest of TikTok (although not nearly as much as I would like to see, go give her a follow, people!). Her hyperrealistic paintings are truly breathtaking and feature diverse subjects. Nadine’s attention to detail will have you scrolling through her page for hours and wondering how her paintings aren’t actual photographs. Her pieces also often feature social justice themes like free the nipple, #MeToo, police brutality and sexual assault. To check out her full portfolio or buy one of these beautiful pieces, check out her website. And be sure to give her a follow on Instagram

6. Katie – @ktscanvases 

At only 22, Katie has amassed a huge following on TikTok and currently has over 1 million followers and 25 million likes. And scrolling through her page, it’s easy to see why. From her cute pet portraits to her floral-based designs, Katie’s talent oozes out of her TikTok videos. I first fell in love with her style after seeing a video of her painting a canvas with a textured floral pattern. Every piece that Katie creates is unique and her videos are equally as engaging. Her two cats, Batman and Ella are also adorable. Besides following her on TikTok, you can support Katie by shopping her pieces here and following her on Facebook and Instagram

7. Grace – @gracefullygraphic

Last, but certainly not least, is college student Grace. She is a self-taught artist who loves to create digital art and content, a fact evident in her TikTok page. Grace has gained popularity on the app through her sticker series of “Trump-isms” which are cutely designed stickers that feature all the ridiculous things Trump has said over the last four years. She also shares videos of her shirt designs including one that says “nasty women vote” and another that pays homage to Kamala Harris’s famous “I’m speaking” line from the vice presidential debate.” If you’re interested in buying any of Grace’s designs, check out her website here and her Etsy. Besides TikTok, you can also follow her on Instagram and Facebook

There you have it, collegiettes: seven TikTok artists to follow and support! Get to following!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com