This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Via Imgflip

It feels like just yesterday you were sitting on the couch with your dog, binge-watching Parks and Rec while your mom was cooking your favorite meal in the kitchen. You had some homework to do over the break, but you didn’t have the stressful environment of school around you. That week went by way, way too fast and now you’re back. You’re happy to be back with your roommates and friends, but not under these circumstances. Spring break is over, you’re back in your 9 a.m. and you’re caught in that post-spring break funk. Summer seems far away, but you’re almost there and you can do this! Trust these tips on how to get through your annual spring breakdown.

1. Cry

Via @m3aruf on Twitter

It’s totally okay to just go to a private spot and have a cry. Crying is a very healthy emotional release for all those feelings of anxiety and stress.

Related: 6 Study Habits You Need To Adopt RTFN

2. Get some exercise

Via Giphy

Working out is a good distraction and you always feel like you can just take on the world when you’re done. You’ll feel so much better about life!

3.  Take some time to organize the rest of your semester

Via Giphy

Even though that sounds crazy and even more stressful, you’ll actually feel better knowing what you’re facing for the rest of the semester. Once you have your due dates and events all organized, the next few weeks of school will seem way shorter.

Related: 5 Places to Study on Campus

4. Take some me-time

Via Giphy

Don’t forget to stop and take some time for yourself. Your mental health and happiness is most important. When you get home from classes or your internship, do a face mask, watch some Netflix and relax.

5. Stay positive

Via Giphy

There’s no doubt that the next month and a half are going to be a little crazy, so try to remember why you’re at school and embrace this time!

When you think about it, post-Spring break just means we’re over halfway through the semester! It’ll all be over before you know it.

Molly Feser

George Mason University '18

Molly is a Communication major with a concentration in Journalism at George Mason University. She loves Broadway, iced coffee, and The Office. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta on campus. After she graduates she hopes to be an entertainment journalist.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com