kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Thoughts You Have At the End of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As we begin the transition between summer and fall, many people are beginning to embrace the idea of the fall and winter holidays already. But are YOU ready?

1. “Ugh it is so hot and humid out, I CAN’T wait for fall”

Via Giphy

Living anywhere near the coast, it often feels like you’re swimming, not walking, around campus at the start of the semester. The dog days of summer are real, and they are SWEATY.

2. “Is that a chill in the air I feel?”

Via Giphy

At any slight taste of a breeze, people are pulling out the Halloween decorations and starting to layer their outfits. I understand the desire to not have your makeup melt off during the first hour of the day, but don’t’ rush this people! We need to EASE into fall.

3. “I regret ever dismissing the heat. Bring back summer! I’m freezing!”

Via Giphy

I know y’all are ready for Christmas, but it’s still September and the minute the temperature declines below 70 degrees, it’s officially too cold to leave the bed. Why do you like fall/winter so much?!!? I’ll never understand it.

4.”Cardigans…riding boots…I could maybe get used to this.”

Via Giphy

No matter how disappointed you may be with summer ending, no one can deny how incredible fall fashion is. It’s the perfect in-between of not being too cold or too hot to be cute. So many cute Instas!

5. “Bring on Spooky Season!”

Via Giphy

Finally it hits you. Free candy. Dressing up for parties. Apple cider. Pumpkins everywhere!!

That’s it, I’m a convert. LET’S GET SPOOOOOKY, COLLEGIETTES!!!!

Alexis Whitted

George Mason University '18

Alexis is a senior communication major at George Mason University currently interning at NBC News and a strong advocate for living a plant-based lifestyle. She can often be found in the gym working on her fitness or dreaming of her next getaway on Google Flights.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com