This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The warm Virginia weather has finally arrived, so now we can say goodbye to the leggings and flannels we’ve been over-wearing the past five months. When the heat hit this weekend I was in a frenzy trying to unearth all my shorts and spring dresses only to come to the conclusion that: I need to go shopping! With climate change, comes new fashion— so in order for us GMU students to stay hip and trendy this spring season, here is a short list of 5 fashion trends to incorporate into your spring wardrobe.

1.  Ripped jeans

Specifically those just perfectly lose boyfriend jeans are totally chic when ripped. Throw on some heels and they’re great for a classy night out or paired with a simple tee and statement necklace for a chic–but casual campus outfit.

2.  Fringe. 

Whenever Coachella season hits our secret desire for festival wear the West Coast has so gracefully claimed takes over. But us East Coast girls know how to take fringe and make it city chic by minimalizing it to accessories like our bags, shoes, or even vests.

3.  Overalls:

These are anything but what you would see in rurual Virginia. Overalls have gained huge popularity with fashion bloggers and in street style. They make you look effortlessly chic and if you’re still not convinced, one our favorite style icons Alexa Chung is a huge fan. 

4. Rounded sunglasses

Take a break from the usual Wayfarers or Aviators and go for a different look this spring. These rounded sunnies have comeback from the sixties and we hope they’re here to stay. 

5. Gingham Print

It’s not just for your Dorothy costume at Halloween anymore. This print is fun and girly, perfect for spring when you can wear it in shirt-dresses, blouses or skirts. 

Currently a Junior at GMU majoring in Graphic Design with an Sport Communication Minor.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com