5 Fantastic Holiday Dresses Under $50 Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The Ivory Stunner
Set to Stun Cutout Dress: This ivory showstopper is just sexy enough to give off a subtle vixen-vibe while staying classy enough to wear when you stop by Grandma’s holiday party. It not only incorporates simple cut-outs along the ribcage, but also a sweetheart neckline to make any bust look perky, and shimmery fabric as a homage to beautifully snowy winters. (Also available in black, $42 at Lulus.com, GET IT HERE)

The Taffeta Classic
Dolly Dress with Bow Detail: You can never go wrong when donning red for the holidays. This adorable taffeta strapless dress is the perfect shade of red to wear with fierce red lips and daring red shoes. Take advantage of the slimming-effect of the large, tone-on-tone bow for a whittled waist as well as the freedom to accessorize thanks to minimal dress detailing. (Also available in purple, $49.25 at ASOS.com, GET IT HERE.)

The Evening Gown
Grand Central Sensation Maxi Dress: Not every party this winter will call for a mini-dress, and the breezy maxi dresses from this summer won’t have the weight to get you through a holiday gathering. This dress drapes the body in a fancy, flattering way and makes small busts a spotlight asset. Consider wearing statement jewelry to compliment the easy aura of this dress, and be sure to take advantage of the chance to wear comfy flats since your feet will be hidden. (Only available in burgundy, $36 at Lulus.com, GET IT HERE)

The Figure Faker
Peplum Bodycon Dress: While still sleek and fitted, this dress enhances a curveless shape with its strategic peplum placement, allowing every girl to have that hourglass shape she’s always wanted. The high neckline keeps a bigger bust in check for workplace holiday parties, and the dress can be worn with tights for an appropriate skin-to-fabric ratio in professional settings. The best part of this dress, however, is how the slimming white-on-black paneling evens out the body by drawing attention to the best two-thirds of your figure while the rest gets lost in the background. Slim and curvy? Yes, please! (Only available in black and cream, $37.10 at UsTrendy.com, GET IT HERE)

The Curvy Girl’s BFF
Curve Wrap Dress in Chiffon: This dress is salivatingly seductive, with a neckline to pull focus to the face, a flattering tie-wrap, and cascading pleats in all the right places. It’s the perfect piece to have in your wardrobe as it combines detail with understatement, balancing an effortless shape with a bright, attention-grabbing color. If you’re feeling extra sexy, the neckline can be adjusted for a deeper V-shape and, hitting at the knee, the dress draws attention to your shapely calves and killer stilettos. (Also available in black, $43.10 at ASOS.com, GET IT HERE)

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com