Style > Beauty

5 Cruelty-Free, Vegan Makeup Brands You Need in Your Life Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Ever wonder what beauty brand is not only the best for you but also for the environment and your fuzzy friends? Well, search no longer! Here is compiled the best of the best vegan and cruelty-free beauty brands that you will most definitely fall in love with. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get glam and do it consciously!

Via GIPHY

1. Soap & Glory

Okay, ladies, this here brand is the GOLD MINE of skin care brands. Soap and Glory pride themselves

in providing delicate, but affordable products for all skin types and imperfections. Selling products from face masks, face washes, serums, to even lip plumping gloss, Soap and Glory has almost everything for everyone! Each product targets a different skin complication you may be experiencing and make sure it smells ~good~ too. Who knew beauty came this easy? So get cozy and put a mask on because we’re achieving healthy, glowy skin all year long!

2. Glossier

Glossier is one of the biggest names in the beauty industry and rightfully so! Having gained much

popularity on their make up products, Glossier offers a variety of bold lipsticks, natural-looking brow products, glowing highlighters and many more! But wait, there’s more! Glossier, too, offers skin care products, fragrances and body products. What more could a gal (or guy, because #allinclusive #selflove) need? So, if you naturally gravitate to a more minimal, natural makeup look or simply want to try out some amazing body products, give Glossier a try!

3. LUSH

More than likely you probably have been gifted one of these brand’s amazing bath bombs at least once. Originally from the U.K., LUSH has grown famous in the U.S. through their super unique bath bombs and other shower products, but it doesn’t stop there! LUSH also offers makeup/face, body and hair products- talk about a one-stop shop!

4. Milk Makeup

Don’t worry this brand doesn’t mean you can’t use it if you’re lactose intolerant. Much like Glossier, Milk Makeup mainly focuses on cosmetics but they, too, offer skincare products. Like many other products, Milk understands that first to have good-looking makeup, one must also treat their skin well. For this reason, Milk offers oils, serums and primers that work well with their beauty products. Staying true to their mission statement, “its clean, cool beauty.”

5. Marc Jacobs Beauty

Last but not least is the queen of them all, Marc Jacobs. Although this brand is more known for its fashion lookbooks, they don’t stop there! MJ one of the biggest names in all these categories and goes above and beyond on their variety of products. Now, some would assume that because of this, some of their products could slack some here or there but that is false. MJ offers face, eye, lip and nail care alongside their unreal runway looks. Being one of the few big names in fashion, MJ’s goes above and beyond to show that they earned their fame.

And there you have it, collegiettes, beauty made simple and with love. Let’s get glam!

Fiorella Izquierdo

George Mason University '23

Fiorella Izquierdo is a senior at George Mason University currently studying Communication with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in Graphic Design. She is happiest when she has a magazine in one hand and a chai latte in the other. Music, fashion, and cooking are some of her other passions, which keeps her busy in her free time. In the future, Fiorella hopes to work as a creative director and travel the world doing what she loves!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com