This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Good makeup is hard to find. Cheap makeup is even harder. But it is so much easier than you think! When stocking up on makeup, a lot of girls think they need to run to the closest Sephora and drop all of their summer savings on one tube of lipstick and a small bottle of foundation. But what if I told you that everything you need to gear up for school could be found right down the street–and for a fraction of the price?

1. Eyes: Almay Intense i-Color Kit

This is a great product and I use mine practically every day. What’s great about this kit is that you can buy it so that it coincides with your specific eye color. It even comes with a guide on the back! At only $5.49, it’s a fabulous find. 

2. Lips: Revlon Colorburst Balm

Revlon makes a ton of excellent products, but this one is by far my favorite. Lipstick is a great way to accent simple makeup or polish off a look for a night out! The Colorburst Balm is available in matte and lacquer, and its crayon shape makes it super easy to use. Whether you’re looking for a subtle pink or a deep red, Revlon Colorburst has the perfect shade for you! For only $9.49, it’s a great addition to your makeup collection! 

3. Face: Revlon Photoready BB Cream

I’m always searching for a great BB cream or foundation, but I have difficulty shelling out the money that some of the more pristine brands require. Thankfully, I found one that does the trick! This cream is light, covers up my blemishes, and evens out my skin–but it doesn’t weigh me down! It also has SPF 30, which is a must. You can pick this up at any drug store for only $11.99

Makeup is a huge part of my everyday routine, but as a college student I can rarely ever afford the luxury brands. These are all great products, but I encourage you to find the brands that work for you! Don’t shy away from them just because they’re cheaper or found in your local CVS. I have drug-store and luxury brands, and I find myself using the cheaper ones more often than the others. Happy shopping!

Sources linked above.

Alison Peterson

George Mason University

I like tv and vogue. I also like to stand on my head. Translation: I do a lot of yoga.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com