rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I’ve decided that this semester will be MY semester. I’m focusing on my classes, my mental and physical health and building strong relationships with my friends. The first half of freshman year wasn’t so great me, so I’m taking it in my own hands to turn that around. Here are a few of my favorite quotes that help me stay in this mindset, along with other Her Campus George Mason writers’ attitudes towards handling the new semester. Use these as your social media bio, Instagram caption, recite it to yourself during tough times, or print it out and hang it on your wall!

1. You’re always one decision away from living an entirely different life.

2. “Stop crying about what happened and take control of what happens next. Get up, right now. Rise up from where you’ve been, scrub away the tears and the pain of yesterday, and start again… Girl, wash your face!” -Rachel Hollis

3. Replace “Why is this happening to me?” with “What is this trying to tell me?”

4. Hit em with a “cool” and move on

Via Twitter

5. “Actually, I just woke up one day and decided I didn’t want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed. Just like that.” -Twitter user @oyerooh

6. “So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breath in . Breathe out and decide.” -Meredith Gray

6. Try to love yourself as much as you want someone else to

7. “The flower doesn’t dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.” -Mark Nep

8. “Put your hair in a bun and get shit done”

9. “Wish less, work more”

Via Giphy

11. “Treat yo self!”

12. “Remember, a lot of these people aren’t ya real friends. They’re just a distraction.” -Twitter user @kodaklens

13.  “Don’t let the world depress you. It’s a mess, you are a star. Don’t let the world deter you, we prefer you as you are” -Lin Manuel Miranda

14. “Never forget that a flower grows in the sun and the rain. Both make it stronger. Go through what you go through.”

15. “I am going to make you so proud.” – Note to my future self

16. “You don’t have to let them know you’re doing good; you don’t have to prove anything. you can just do good. just be.” — alhwrites.tumblr.com

Via Twitter

17. “Don’t carry toxic people into 2019 or it’s going to be another 2018.”

18. “If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now, for wheat is wheat, even if people think it is a grass in the beginning.” -Vincent van Gogh

19. Just say “yikes” & move on

This is your year, collegiettes! Follow these mantras and live your best life each and every day!

Alyssa Cole

George Mason University '22

Aly is in her second year at George Mason University. She is a proud vegan and enjoys hiking, working out, and cooking. She is studying Government and International Politics, with hopes of becoming a Foreign Service Officer alongside starting her own business.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com