13 RuPaul’s Drag Race Gifs That Perfectly Describe Sorority Formals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Formal season is upon us, which means it’s time to prepare for one of the most fun, yet weirdest, nights of the year. Get ready for embarrassing photos and seeing things you wish you hadn’t seen, but most of all, get ready to live it up with your friends you call sisters. Here are some things you’ll recognize if you’ve ever been to a sorority formal, as told by RuPaul’s Drag Race.Via River City Reading

1. Finding out the date and theme

Via Giphy

2. Only to find out you’re a bus monitor

Via Giphy

3. Trying on dresses and seeing how you look

Via Giphy

4. …then seeing the price

Via Giphy

5. When the bus lists come out and they’re already filled up within seconds

Via Giphy

6. When the night has come and you’re promising yourself you’re going to be good

Via Giphy

7. Seeing all your sisters show up looking like absolute queens

Via Giphy

8. EC watching everyone like a hawk

Via Giphy

9. When it’s not even 8pm and you’ve already seen several mishaps

Via Giphy

10. When somebody wins a superlative and they have to pretend to know what’s going on

Via Giphy

11. You’ve had a good time, but you’re ready to go. Then the buses show up

Via Giphy

12. And now you’re starving

Via Giphy

13. It’s been quite the night, but now you’re back in your bed, blessed to have survived another year

Via Giphy

Molly Feser

George Mason University '18

Molly is a Communication major with a concentration in Journalism at George Mason University. She loves Broadway, iced coffee, and The Office. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta on campus. After she graduates she hopes to be an entertainment journalist.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com