This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Well, Spring is here with its icy grip. What’s a girl to do when her Spring wardrobe is ready to go and Mother Nature decides to let it snow? Or when your plans get cancelled and you’re left snowed in? Here are 10 things to do to cope with our fickle Virginia weather.

1. Cry, cry profusely

Via Life&Style

Just get it out of the way.

2. Drink

Via Giphy

Pour a glass of wine and warm your heart with those “holiday” spirits.

3. Catch up on responsibilities

Via Chris Flemming

You’ve poured a glass of wine and now it’s time to finish that essay and clean that clutter corner of your room.

4. Dance in every room in your house

Via Giphy

Chanel risky business in your socks and nightie while you dance and sing your way through your house. Girl, no one is watching so get your life!

5. Read

Via Popkey

Let’s be honest, when is the last time you read for pleasure? Pick up that book you bought at that random coffee shop a year ago. After you get a few pages in just put it back down again and remember the real reason you haven’t read for pleasure in so long.

Related: How To Transition Your Winter Wardrobe for Spring

6. Drink…again

Via Giphy

It’s self explanatory at this point.

7. Try makeup tutorials

Via Giphy

Now you’re drunk and it’s a great time to pick up that liquid eyeliner. Channel your inner beauty guru, or in this case Jenna Marbles, and transform into a beautiful “Spring” goddess.

8. Snowball fight

Via Neocodex

So, you’re feeling it, feeling yourself and now it’s time to go show the world your beautiful (now rosy) face! Grab a friend and throw approximately 1-2 snowballs before you get cold and wet and whiny. While you’re out there try not to think about all the little Spring blossoms that are now suffocated in snow.

9. Girls night in

Via Giphy

Go back inside, pour another glass of wine, turn on a rom com and throw on a face mask.

10. Cry…again

Via Giphy

No matter how hard you try to be optimistic about this weather… it’s not fun and you deserve to shed a tear girl!

Hannah Mitchell

George Mason University

I'm an junior English major at George Mason University! I am an active sister of Alpha Omicron Pi and love every aspect of my college expierence (even the long nights at the library ;) ). I'm a pro at crafting, love knitting, reading, karaoke, and big city adventuring!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com