Cintia Traistaru ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

You may be wondering: Who is Cintia Traistaru? Cintia is someone who has overcome her circumstances in order to make her dreams come true. She a majoring in finance and economics, and hopes to go into international investment banking. Cintia was born in Fagaras, Romania. She came to the United States when she was only nine years old. Her parents brought her here to give her a better life, with better opportunities to grow up. Cintia is currently a fundraising chair at Collegiate Deca at Grand Canyon University. Cintia is always on the move, with a busy schedule and lifestyle. While she is not involved in any school related activities, she has a variety of other interests. 

Q: What was it like coming from Romania to the United States? 

A: Total culture shock! Growing up here was hard, because I was trying to adapt to an entirely new culture while dealing with bullying and a different school curriculum. 

Q: What made you want to go into investment banking? 

A: Other than the good salary that comes with the profession, I love trying to understand the different financial markets around the world and how they are interconnected. 

Q: How long have you served in Deca, and what is your favorite thing about it? 

A: I have been in Deca for two years now, and I love all of the resources the club provides! I have also met some really great people through the club. 

Q: If you are not on the move, what do you like to do for fun? 

A: I love being outdoors. Hiking, and visiting new places is something I really enjoy. I also love to draw, paint, and other artsy activities.

Q: If you could tell someone your own personal key to success, what would it be?

A: Focus. It is so hard to keep eyes focused on what you want, but you have to continuously put in hard work in order to reach your dreams. There is no easy way around it.